Our comprehensive online carbon calculator and benchmarking tool is now listed on the UK Government’s Digital Marketplace, the ‘go-to’ list of trusted technology and people for digital projects within the public sector.
Digital Marketplace was set up in 2014 to transform how businesses sell services to government. All public sector organisations can use the site to find cloud-based services and suppliers who can help deliver digital projects. The framework has allowed greater public sector exposure to Small-to-Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs), like Compare Your Footprint. It is now easier to talk directly to government buyers to gain a better understanding of their requirements and create innovate solutions.
Compare Your Footprint was required to go through a thorough application and due-diligence process to ensure our software is robust, secure and scalable, and that the necessary guidance and human support was in place to support users through the journey.
Why carbon footprint with Compare Your Footprint?
The demand for a cheaper way to carbon footprint an organisation was identified by Will Richardson and his team at Green Element, a successful Environmental Management Consultancy and B-Corporation. Over the years they noticed that many organisations would love to be greener but were held back by the initial financial barriers.
Compare Your Footprint’s carbon calculator and benchmarking software was developed in 2018 by a team with 20 years of carbon auditing and reduction experience. Our aim was to semi-automate the carbon footprint process by moving away from unwieldy calculation spreadsheets. This significantly reduces the cost and time of assessment and creates a more open playing field.
No specialist knowledge is required to use our tool. Any employee able to access data from bills on energy, travel, waste and supply chain usage and costs can use calculate their organisation’s carbon footprint.
Will Richardson, CEO and Co-Creator comments:
“We are absolutely delighted to be listed as a trusted supplier to the public sector. The application process involved a thorough due-diligence process, which adds another level of credibility to our offering.
Our mission is to help as many organisations as possible to reduce their carbon footprint. This listing will help us to widen our reach to help public services and enterprises. Through our sister organisation, Green Element, we successfully helped Regents University London to reduce running costs of £24,000 per year, achieve savings of 500 tonnes of carbon emissions and 160,000 kilowatt-hours of energy. This would not have been achieved without first measuring and reviewing their carbon footprint.”
Compare Your Footprint offers a discounted monthly subscription to government buyers in return for full access to its carbon calculator and industry comparison software. For only £20 + VAT per month buyers will receive unlimited results and facilities to measure plus support through the process.
- Provides comprehensive online carbon reporting (Scopes, 1, 2 and 3).
- Adheres to Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol Standards.
- Monthly or Annual carbon footprint results.
- Plug-in to Xero, online accounting software available.
- Benchmark against others in your industry.
- We can offer APIs to integrate into your business system
- White Label our tool as your own
- Our software can compensate for incomplete data sets
- Benefit from expert consultants without the cost
- Identify carbon and financial savings opportunities.
- Measure unlimited projects and facilities.
- Fellow certified B-Corporations receive 20% discount.
- FREE for organisations with <£1m turnover (annual package).
- Reduce emissions year-on-year and receive equivalent % discount year-on-year.